Saturday 25 April 2015

My evening skincare routine

I have been trying to perfect my skin routine for along time and now I feel like I have found the products that work best for my skin. I am very happy with this routine so I thought I would share this to give you all an insight to what works for me.

Skin type : Oily / Combination (mainly oily)

Step one: Firstly I take off my make up, I use the Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm (which Is amazing) to get them majority of my make up off. Taking a small amount and massaging it all over my face, even my eye area working in circular motions to lift of all the dirt and make up. I then go over this with a warm muslin cloth or flannel (whatever is to hand).

Step two: This might sound strange but I then cleanse again with the Clinique liquid face facesoap. I splash my face with warm water, squeeze a pea sized amount into my finger tips and then again massage this into my skin. The reason I do this twice is because I feel this works best for my skin. Because I am so oily I like to know that my skin is completely clear of any dirt or excess oils. I then rinse this off.

Step three: I then after patting my face dry, I apply my Kiehl's Creamy eye treatment. Although I have oily skin, I get very dry under eyes, I also have eczema which on very rare occasions flares up on my eye lids and underneaths of my eyes. This really help, I place a small amount underneath each eye dabbing with my ring finger. This product is amazing. 

Step four: Finally I will apply my moisturiser I am currently using the Clinique dramatically different moisturising gel, which I have found to be really good for my skin. I feel like it soaks in to my skin almost straight away. I only use this at night as I feel it doesn't really help a lot with my oily skin In the day.

Step five: I occasionally use some of the Elizabeth Arden Eight hour cream on my lips if i remember! 

If you would like to see how I change this up for my morning skincare routine then leave a comment to let me know.

xx

2 comments:

  1. wow you seemed to be really committed to proper evening skin care. Me and me friends, we didnt like this Clinique Soap but I'm glad to hear someone likes it maybe it's just not for my skin type


    xx


    mycupofbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like the clarifying lotion, thought it was much to harsh even for my skin which I wouldn't class as sensitive. I only liked the soap and moisturiser.
      xx

      Delete